Cebu: San Vicente

January, 2016: The first of a series of snorkeling adventures. It was memorable. Short but memorable. We saw different kinds of fish, one of them we ate for lunch the day before. I was antsy the entire time we were quiet on the boat though because of the combination of excitement and the joy of extra-comfortable silence. My friends and I have known each other for over half our lives--that kind of comfort is different. It’s special and can’t just be had with anyone.

Diving into the water was another story. It was so clear, it was intimidating. Once I pushed myself off the ladder though, I felt free, I felt like myself 20 years ago when I learned how to float on my own while snorkeling. Happy memories rushed in, more happy memories were had.

I just wished, and still wish that my husband were there. 







0 comments:

Post a Comment